I’m Jay Beckley. Since 2006 I have been supporting people with a range of difficulties. From those that are stuck and need direction to those with complex mental health and addiction issues. I have worked in a range of settings including mental health inpatient units, forensic mental health hospitals, correctional facilities, and educational settings. I now work in private practice on the Sunshine Coast.
I have enough experience to know that confronting a problem and coming to a psychologist can be daunting.
So, here is what you can expect from a psychology session with me:
- Firstly, a FREE 15 minute phone consult – with me to determine if I am the right person for you.
- I have extensive experience working with teenagers and adults. My focus areas are anxiety disorders, depression, substance use problems, anger, chronic pain, workplace stress, and sleep issues.
- Your privacy and confidentiality are assured.
- A comfortable safe environment.
- To be listened to – no matter how big or small the problem is.
- For your problem to be explored further and understood with empathy and compassion.
- To be responded to with respect and compassion.
- To not feel judged.
- To not feel alone, but as part of a team.
- Evidence based strategies tailored to your needs.
- Monitoring to make sure the strategies are working.
It is quite simple: I take a strengths based and client centred approach. I believe within everyone there are skills and knowledge that can be utilised to make improvements. This means I’m more focused on positive things in your life and looking for practical solutions rather than focusing on a diagnosis or deficits.
Health Practitioners can refer by sending a fax to 07 5335 1214 or through Medical Objects. If you wish to claim a Medicare rebate, you will need to see your GP and be referred with a Mental Health Care Plan.
My fees are significantly lower than what is recommended by the Australian Psychology Society which is $246.00 per hour. My standard fee is $140.00 – Medicare Rebate = $86.25 leaving you $53.85 out of pocket per hourly session.