Dr Andrew Urbhan
BSc (Hons) Osteo
Australian Osteopathic Association
Andrew studied in London at Middlesex University and relocated to the Sunshine Coast in 2004 with his partner and two little ones in tow. Andrew’s extensive experience in the field of Osteopathy field has more recently led him to the study of the Buteyko Breathing Technique – an extremely effective way for asthmatics to control their symptoms of asthma and significantly improve their quality of life.
Andrew and the osteopathic philosophy look at your body and the mind, taking in consideration factors such as diet, exercise, posture, stress recognition and management and other aspects of daily life when making an osteopathic diagnosis. We strongly believe in finding and treating the core cause of a health problem, rather than focusing solely on the symptoms.
- Neck and back pain including sciatica
- Sporting injuries including shoulder rotator cuff strains, hip conditions such as bursitis, and a myriad of other ailments affecting knees, ankles, feet, elbows etc.
- Pregnancy – all stages of a mothers journey from the first trimester to delivery and the aches and pains that can sometimes accompany that journey
- Babies and children – we look at all the musculoskeletal issues that the young and very young can face – from an assisted delivery for a newborn to the children falling off bikes and out of trees.
- Jaw pain – also known as the TMJ – is a very common site of discomfort for many patients. There can also be a strong association with the jaw pain and headaches.
Andrew will help you in all aspects of your wellbeing and will also work with the other health professionals when needed at Active Living to ensure workable solutions are found for your presentation.